|University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Bachelor of Arts, Communications Studies, May 2009
(Emphasis on Broadcast Journalism)
Overall GPA 3.59 /4.0
Talent Development Program, 2009
|HONORS AND AWARDS||3-Time Sports EMMY Award Winner
UWIRE 100 Most Promising Student Journalist in Nation
John L. and Clara M. Brumm Award for Excellence in Communications studies
WOLV TV MVP 2007, 2008, 2009
|NBC Sports and Olympics, Stamford, Connecticut 6/13 – present
Producer• Produces halftime of Notre Dame football, primetime of the Tour de France, NHL broadcasts, college hockey, and feature content for various NBC Sports platforms.• Works on live remotes (NHL, cycling, college football) in a variety of capacities including graphics, tape and package producing
• Serves as a liaison with digital department to create and execute cross-platform concepts
NBC Sports and Olympics, Stamford, Connecticut 2/11 – 6/13
• Digitizes and organizes content for Olympic profiles unit
• Uses dub room to fulfill multi-format footage requests
• Provides research for Olympic profiles
• Assists producers in finding exceptional and engaging content to use in edits
GANNETT, WZZM 13, Grand Rapids, Michigan 6/09 – 2/11
• Produces the 5, 6, 7:25, and 8:25 AM newscasts
• Updates web content, both print and video
• Uses iNews to format rundowns and manage assignment sheets
• Edits for both TV and the internet using AVID
• Appears as on-air talent for breaking news, sports, and feature reporting
• In charge of 6 departments and 200 people
• Maintained the entire station budget
• Producer/Anchor of "The Entertainment Buzz" the station's flagship Entertainment show.
• Anchored "Sportsnite"- a highlight show of Michigan sporting events
• Served as the sports anchor for "Newsfeed", Ann Arbor's only live local news broadcast
• Conducted interviews with: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Will Smith, Adam Brody, Jerry Seinfeld, the cast of Reno 911:Miami, members of the Michigan football team including Jake Long, Mike Hart, and Chad Henne and has interviewed members of the Detroit Lions and Detroit Pistons.
• Has experience with live events including running the main camera at and producing/directing Michigan hockey games and doing play-by-play for Michigan Women's Basketball, Big Ten Swimming and Diving Championships and Michigan Wrestling.
• Reports on all of University of Michigan's athletic teams with emphasis on football, basketball, and hockey.
• Attends weekly press conferences and conducts player and coach interviews.
• Networks with Sports Information Directors and other athletic department staff
|Can edit using both Final Cut Pro and AVID.
Can shoot using a variety of cameras including Sony EX3 and Panasonic P2.
Is proficient with AVID Assist, AVID Access, Interplay and iNews.
Has ability to process digital media and understands processes of transcoding and consolidating raw camera files.